Search This Blog

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Google Has Violated A Trust With Its Users

Not an email, a phone call, or any other kind of notice that I was suddenly and clandestinely rejected from Google Maps.

After about 2 months of no phone calls coming in, I wondered... Is there a problem?!? I show up here and lookee lookee, someone has quietly turned off my marketing. This feels sneaky and underhanded.

We have based much of our presence upon Google and working with them as a partner, and this is how they repay us?

I have been an early adopter, a survey filler outer, standing on my head to be a part of what they do. And this is how they repay us?

After all of the trust we have placed in this company, despite warnings to the contrary, we have trusted them to treat us and the services we provide fairly and honestly.

But now, they treat us like we are strangers whom they have never met.

It is time to rethink our relationship with this company, and develop solutions that do not put them at the core of our business.

I recommend a boycott of all Adwords and Adsense usage from each Places user who has been rejected without notice and without reason.

There are many other avenues to advertizing your site and monetizing it. Many of the monetizing options are much more efficient and can put more money in your pocket than Adsense.

Join me and support this sentiment by telling the world this is a useful post below.

in reference to: Quality guidelines : Get started - Google Places Help (view on Google Sidewiki)

No comments:

Post a Comment