Search This Blog

Friday, April 16, 2010

Facebook | Slow Food, Los Angeles

The slow food movement has been a slow but steadily growing network. It was started by an Italian who was responding to the opening of a fast food restaurant. He was concerned about the death of the good food his culture has kept alive for so long. I noticed that they did not have Los Angeles chapter, so I went about remedying that!  Join us at the link below.
Facebook | Slow Food, Los Angele
4/19/2010 UPDATE: Slow food is much more organized than I realized, having had an LA branch for years. I contacted them, offered them the FB site, and they respectfully declined.  So I have removed it at their request.  I know, it doesn't make any sense to me either, why wouldn't you want more avenues for people to find you?  I have seen this before.  The web site designer worked sooo hard on their current site and it is imperative to drive all traffic to that site only.  From a search engine optimization standpoint, it would make sense on its face.  But when you take into account the huge amount of inbound links and the ease of sharing and finding through search associated with having a popular FB group, I say it's a bad call.  Here is my nod to the webmaster:  http://slowfoodla.com/ .  I plan on working with this organization in the future and will be giving calls to action for anyone else interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment